How to Increase Game Performance of PC Games
As well as improving gaming experience, this guide will also help in running any system hungry application you choose to launch along with increasing game performance.
Tip : Most Popular Web Games
# Increase Game Performance in Windows XP, Vista, Seven
Here, are few tips to help you improve the game performance of a computer when you play
Game Booster (link) | Fast Game Accelerator for PC
Designed to help Increase Game Performance and optimize your PC for smoother, more responsive game play in the latest PC games with the touch of a button. It works by defragmenting game directories, temporarily shutting down background processes, cleaning RAM, and intensifying processor performance.
That means you can keep all the features of operating systems ready for when you need them, but turn them off when you are ready to get down to serious business – gaming. Works compatible with PunkBuster, Cheating-Death, VAC, and any other anti-cheat software, Game Booster makes it simpler to enjoy the latest games and take your experience to a new level. All systems go!
GameGain (link) – Make Your Games Run Faster
GameGain 2 sets the standard for PC video game optimizing software. One of the first and most comprehensive products to increase gaming performance on the PC, it increases overall speed and squeezes out every last bit of performance your computer is capable of.
Very easy to use, fully compliant with the latest versions of Microsoft Windows and automatically adjusts itself to your computer specifications. Sometimes even the most powerful gaming hardware can be slowed down by the latest games, with GameGain you can increase performance and play these games as they were designed for without having to spend a fortune upgrading your computer.
# Improving PC Performance to Help Increase Gaming Performance
1. Adjust Windows for Best performance
- Click Start, right-click Computer, click Properties, and then click Advanced system settings.
- On the Advanced tab, click Settings under Performance.
- On the Visual Effects tab, click Adjust for best performance, and then click OK.
- Click OK to close the System Properties dialog box.
- Test your game.
2. Update Video Adapter Driver (VGA) and Sound Card Driver
Contact the manufacturer, or go to website of your video, sound adapter to obtain and install the latest version of the driver. You can also read out post on how to update pc hardware drivers.
3. Increase PC’s Virtual Memory
Virtual memory is hard drive space that is set aside for use when Windows runs out of physical memory. By increasing the virtual memory, you can ensure that your games have access to all of the memory that it needs. Continue reading on how to increase virtual memory (low memory problem fix).
4. Adjust Shadow Details & Disable Anti-Aliasing
Anti-Aliasing feature can be turned down or disabled altogether to increase game performance as you are essentially decreasing the visual effects of the game. Adjusting the amount of shadow detail in games can significantly improve performance. This can be done in each game, but first you can make some general shadowing changes through the graphics card properties panel. This will vary between graphics cards.
5. Make Sure your PC Supports the Game
There is no reason to force your ancient PC to run a 2010 PC game. Even if it runs still one must check : “Can My PC Run This Game (Check If PC Games Will Run On your Computer)“.
6. Reduce Resolution in which the Game Runs
This really helps a lot in improving the loading time and overall responsiveness of the game. Generally, 800×600 is the best balance between graphics and game performance.
7. Optimize your Sluggish PC
There is nothing worse than a sluggish PC which affects game performance a great deal.. Read the following posts which will help.
- Free Up RAM Space & Optimize PC Speed
- 10 Best Computer Maintenance Tips
- Free Tools to Clean, Optimize, Defrag Windows Registry
- Scan Hard Drive for Errors & Repair Hard Disk Problems Free
8. Update Graphics Card and RAM
As years pass by, gaming experience has been optimized a lot with complex gaming engines, AI and video graphical screenplay. To meet the demands you must upgrade your hardware, RAM and VGA Card to support the game performance. Read …
- Play/Run the New PC Games Without Graphics Card
- Find your PC’s Graphics Card Details, Specifications
9. Buy the Game
I actually don’t mean it, but I bought GTA 4 last time and I think that was one of my best gaming experiences. Right from the installation from the high density DVDs to the free stuff, guides and support that comes with it.
Hope this article helped…. But it can be improved by you… Contribute your Suggestion below.
Also Read :
- Most Awaited, Popular Upcoming PC Games for 2010
- Driving Speed 2 – Free High Quality Racing Game for PC
- Most Popular Scary Spooky Online Horror Games
- Top 10 Online Action Games