I have webcam built in on your laptop but how do I use it ? Well here is the answer. […]
I have webcam built in on your laptop but how do I use it ? Well here is the answer. Laptop PC’s equipped with webcams are becoming standard these days.
But, What many don’t know is that with an additional program you can turn a laptop camera into a decent digital camcorder allowing you to record hours of high quality video for youtube or etc.
How to Use Laptop Camera for Taking Pictures
- Go to Laptop’s My Computer
- Click USB Video Device under Scanners and Cameras
- It will Open a Window where you will be able to See yourself. Face your Laptop’s Camera to the Object you want to Photograph.
- Click on “Take a new picture” to capture a photo. Wait for a Few Seconds as the response time is slow.
- The Picture will be saved automatically. Rich Click and Select “Save in my pictures”.
How to Use Laptop Camera for Recording Video
- Open Windows Movie Maker (Should already be installed, Start > All Programs > Windows Movie Maker).
- Look for “Capture Video” Option.
- There will be “Capture from video device”.
- Run through the wizard for settings etc.
- And Finally Take Record your Video.
Video Quality will be as good as Picture Quality (1280 x 960 for 1.2 megapixel Camera)
PS: You can also use a Webcam Software like Debut Video Capture Software (Link) for using laptop camera for recording video.
And, If you know better ways Let us know via comments.