I have webcam built in on your laptop but how do I use it ? Well here is the answer. Laptop PC’s equipped with webcams are becoming standard these days.
But, What many don’t know is that with an additional program you can turn a laptop camera into a decent digital camcorder allowing you to record hours of high quality video for youtube or etc.
How to Use Laptop Camera for Taking Pictures
- Go to Laptop’s My Computer
- Click USB Video Device under Scanners and Cameras
- It will Open a Window where you will be able to See yourself. Face your Laptop’s Camera to the Object you want to Photograph.
- Click on “Take a new picture” to capture a photo. Wait for a Few Seconds as the response time is slow.
- The Picture will be saved automatically. Rich Click and Select “Save in my pictures”.
How to Use Laptop Camera for Recording Video
- Open Windows Movie Maker (Should already be installed, Start > All Programs > Windows Movie Maker).
- Look for “Capture Video” Option.
- There will be “Capture from video device”.
- Run through the wizard for settings etc.
- And Finally Take Record your Video.
Video Quality will be as good as Picture Quality (1280 x 960 for 1.2 megapixel Camera)
PS: You can also use a Webcam Software like Debut Video Capture Software (Link) for using laptop camera for recording video.
And, If you know better ways Let us know via comments.
If you like this article, share your feedback or comments here.