Make Unclear Text Fonts on Laptop Screen Display Look Better
Ever notice how the fonts on your Laptop Screen look weak and are sometimes hard to read. You can enhance them with an inbuilt tool in windows called ClearType Font Setting.
Why Do My LaptopText Fonts Look Horrible ?
LCD flat panel screens are great devices, they’re far more precise then the older CRT displays. Windows XP supports Microsoft’s ClearType technology, which makes text more readable on LCD flat panel monitors and notebook screens.
It works by using a font smoothing technology that Microsoft developed, by utilizing a implementing taking advantage of how LCD screens are designed to work to make the text more readable.
To enable Clear Type Fonts feature:
- Right-click an empty spot on the desktop and choose Properties.
- In the Display Properties dialog box, click the Appearance tab.
- Press the Effects button.
- Check the ‘Use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts’ checkbox.
- In the drop-down box, choose ClearType.
- Press OK buttons twice to exit the dialog boxes.
Enabling ClearType Font Setting for Vista & Seven
- Right click on the desktop and choose Personalize. Then click on Window Color and Appearance:
- If you have Aero enabled, you’ll have to click on “Open classic appearance properties for more color options”.
- Click on the “Effects…” button and make sure that your computer has the checkbox for font smoothing enabled.
Did you know that you can change the Welcome/Login screen in windows.
How Unclear Text Fonts Look Better After Using ClearType
Leave your Comments….
Also Read : Use Laptop Camera for Recording Video