The speakers on laptop computers are usually not very loud. There are some laptops out there that have good speakers […]
The speakers on laptop computers are usually not very loud. There are some laptops out there that have good speakers and can put out some good volume but most consumer laptops are lacking in this area.
This doesn’t mean that all hope is lost! There is still a way for you to increase the volume of your laptop a little more. (Previously I wrote how to improve the text display on laptops )
Best Ways to Increase Sound & Volume in Laptops
1) Optimize Equalizer Setting in your Media Player, VLC etc
- Windows Media Player – Make minor adjustments in the sound output quality using the graphic equalizer. Similar to where you change wmp skins.
- To turn on the graphic equalizer in Windows Media Player, go to the “view” menu and choose “Enhancements” and then choose “Graphic Equalizer”
- Move each of the sliders up to boost the volume as in the image below:
- Using VLC Media Player – VLC is the best player for laptops. VLC is one, if not the, best media player ever created. It is lightweight, portable, and can play almost any media format even videos downloaded from Youtube. VLC doesn’t require external, extra codecs to run. (Get VLC)
Do you know that you can increase the volume in your VLC player to 400% of its actual volume.
- Hold CTRL+ and Keep Pressing the [UP] Key on your Keyboard. You would see an icon on the top right corner of your VLC player
- The icon would increase from 100% to 200% to… 400% and increase the volume on your player.
Generally this is quite enough to increase the laptop’s volume to the max. If want to increase the sound quality of the laptop speakers still more then use the equalizer settings.
- Click Extended Settings
- Use the Equalizer and Set it to “SKA”. (Use “SKA” for Movies & “Full Bass & Treble” for Songs)
This will ensure the max. audio optimization. These settings are sure to increase laptop volume & sound quality to a large extent.
Tip : Best Free Music Players to Get High Quality Sound in Laptops
2) Using Paper Cups to Increase Laptop Volume
- Take two Paper or Polystyrene cups. The Taller the better. Best is the 450ml Pespi Glass.
- Cut out circles in the bottom in an angular plane, large enough to cover the Laptop Speakers.
- Tape them over the laptop speakers, such that that the wider top faces you. I use clay as tape make the setup messy.
- Enjoy the better sound
3) Buy USB External Speakers to Improve Laptop Sound Quality
There are cheap external USB speakers available in the market. Buy a slim type so that you can carry it easily in the laptop bag. These cost around 1500 or less. And I think you should buy It if you think the above steps are complicated.
So, these are some of the things I do to increase my laptop volume. These tips if followed properly will surely improve your laptop’s sound quality.
One can also use a software to improve mp3 sound for better audio quality in laptops.
If you have some suggestions let us know in comments.