If you really hate seeing ads all over your Facebook page, then you should read on. True, Facebook is a smart app for networking and keeping up with your friends and acquaintances and their online activities. But the unnecessary third party ads annoys a lot.
Want to Remove Facebook Ads like the Ones Below
Facebook users who using Mozilla Firefox can use hack script for Greasemonkey add-on to remove and hide annoying ads in Facebook. Of course, its possible to use specialized ad blocker such as AdBlock Plus, but some may prefer Greasemonkey as it does a lot more things. (For eg. Watching YouTube Music Videos with Lyrics)
Once you’ve installed Greasemonkey Addon (Link) in Firefox, restart Firefox browser and then install one of the following user scripts to remove facebook ads.
Userscripts to Disable or Remove Facebook Ads / Advertisements
- Remove All Facebook Ads Removes banner ads, sponsored items in news feed and sponsored sidebar items from Facebook.
- NoFacebookAds Removes Facebook flyer and network adverts, including social adverts such as the annoying Danish barber adverts.
- Hide Facebook Ads Hide Facebook Flyer adverts on Facebook left sidebar on homepage or profile page.
- Facebook Hide FeedAds Hides the ads inserted into Facebook Feed. (WARNING: May be a phishing script. Use with own care.)
- Cipher’s Facebook Remove Ads or Facebook Companion Both remove ads from Facebook, where the later is the original source code.
- NoPirateQuestAds Specific to PirateQuest ads, where it prevents any Facebook wall entries containing ads for PirateQuest from appearing.
Generally you can also install Adblock Plus, which blocks all banner ads, everywhere. If you are an IE user, you can choose Adblock Pro 1.4 to get rid of those annoying ads to make your online experience smooth.
If you like this article, share your feedback or comments here.