A reader was asking about "how to take a screenshot from a youtube video". So I am writing this. Basically […]
A reader was asking about "how to take a screenshot from a youtube video". So I am writing this. Basically Youtube plays videos play in webpage embed and thus default screenshot programs will work fine.
I won’t go into details but the screenshot programs doesn’t work for capturing screenshots of movie frames etc, i.e. while playing in a media player. But it works fine for taking screenshots of youtube videos.
Simplest Way to Take a Screenshot :
- Keep all parts of the youtube video inside Monitor Screen. (You can make it Full Screen if you want)
- Press the Print Screen key on your keyboard. It is labeled [PrtScn].
- Open an image editing program, such as Microsoft Paint.
- Go to the Edit menu and choose Paste (Ctrl+V).
- Use your image editor’s crop tool to crop out unnecessary portions of the screenshot
- Save as .PNG for best quality.
Example : Screenshot pasted in Paint
Other ways of taking Screenshots :
- Cropper — Simple Screenshot Capture Software like Snipping Tool
- Chrome Extension for Taking Screenshots Inside Browser
- Taking In-Game Screenshots & Videos for Tutorials, Walkthroughs
- Take Full Page Screenshots of Blogs & Websites or URLs
Getting the Default Thumbnails in Youtube Videos
YouTube itself automatically generates four catches video to use them as thumbnails and screenshots.
If we take this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8lq5Urj-kc
Automatic catches are:
- http://img.youtube.com/vi/t8lq5Urj-kc/0.jpg (screenshot)
- http://img.youtube.com/vi/t8lq5Urj-kc/1.jpg (thumbnail 1)
You can use these image links if you are looking for a quick screenshot or thumbnails to use in your website etc.