If you are in a wi-fi campus you can access the network from anywhere, but when you connect to another […]
If you are in a wi-fi campus you can access the network from anywhere, but when you connect to another pc, laptop via LAN many problems arise. An easy fix is to disable wireless when connected to LAN, and better if this is done automatically. This conserves IP address allocation, reduces security risks, solves double routing interface problems, and extends battery life on laptop.
BridgeChecker (Link) Automatically Disable Wireless When Connected to LAN
BridgeChecker is a free software that can automatically activate or disable wireless when connected to LAN interfaces. Each time your computer is connected to an Ethernet port and link status is good, the utility automatically turns off the IEEE 802.11 wireless network interfaces.
The program can be used in the following scenarios.
- disable wireless when connected to lan
- disable wireless when docked
- disable wireless when ethernet detected
- disable wireless when wired
- disable wireless when on LAN
- disable wireless when cable connected
- disable wireless when in docking station
- disable wireless when ethernet plugged in
- disable wlan when lan connected
BridgeChecker was released on May 22, 2009 and has been well received by Windows users searching for a way to automatically enable/disable wireless interfaces when the LAN interface is connected.