Share Transfer Files Between PC, Laptops Over Wi-Fi Ad-Hoc Network
Visiting at your friends place and would like to transfer photos of a shared trip from your laptop to theirs but have no LAN cable ? Sitting in room with your friends, all have laptops, but have no access point or a hotspot in the room. Play a games or chat with them over wi-fi.
Create Ad-Hoc Network Over a Wi-Fi, LAN Connection Easily
WiPeer is an useful of applications for collaborating in server-less environment, such as home and small office networks as well as peer-to-peer wireless networks over wi-fi network. These tools include forming local social networks, network chat, file sharing, searching among shared files in other computers, and interactive multiplayer games for the network.
To use WiPeer, one needs at least two computers with a network card. If the two computers have a wireless card, it is possible to establish direct communication between the two computers without any router.
# Download : wipeer.com
- Ad-Hoc Social Networks : Enables users to define personal profiles, and to view other on-line users profiles. This way, it is possible to meet people with similar interests.
- Friends Locator : Lets users to define a list of contact persons. Whenever one of the contact persons connects into the network, WiPeer notifies the user about it.
- Interactive Multiplayer Games : Comes bundled with several multiplayer games including Chess, Chinese Checkers, Reversi, and Connect 4.
- Chat (Instant Messaging) : It is possible to chat with other on-line users. WiPeer supports both private chats (with specific users) and public chat rooms to which any user may join.
- File Sharing : File sharing becomes a breeze with WiPeer. You may share both files and complete folders either to a specific user or to anyone in your network. You can even use WiPeer to share files between Windows 7, Windows Vista, and XP.
- File Searching : Supports searching for files located in the computers of other users in the network. The search is guaranteed to return only files that were shared with the searching party. Also, WiPeer accomplishes this goal without exporting the index outside any computer, so this feature does not compromise the privacy of WiPeer users.
- Creating Ad-Hoc Networks : Ad-hoc networks are formed between two or more laptops equipped with WiFi without reliance on any access-point or other third party infrastructure. In particular, there are no connection fees and no dependence on hot-spot availability. In other words, they can be formed anywhere, including in airlines, trains, busses, etc.
- Peersonalizer : Notifies you whenever one of your Facebook friends, or a friend of a friend, is nearby.
You can use WiPeer both in order to create wireless ad-hoc networks between laptops, or over an existing LAN (such as a home network or office network). If you wish to use WiPeer in a non-default network, simple choose the "File->Connection Options" menu and choose the network type that you need.